Wednesday, October 25, 2006

It’s a tropical rain forest out there

The one good thing about having to buy a battery for my car is that I distinctly felt scoped out by mechanics and by guys shopping for tires. I always notice that at car places. Does motor oil have testosterone enhancing properties?

Attempting to sooth my auto anxieties, I continued on in search of diet Pepsi in a bottle. This required a visit to Safeway, because the market I usually frequent has sold its soul to the merchants of Coke. I also got a full box of Satsuma oranges. Amazingly, considering my mood, I got out of there without succumbing to the lure of chocolate.

In literary news, Zbigniew is reading The Jungle as a school assignment. He asked me, “What country are these people in?” I said America. Then I asked if anyone had been cooked yet. I was referencing the part about the guy who “went out with the meat.” Zbig said, "They haven't even gone to the jungle yet, they are still in the city!”

2 comments:

Amishav said...

The beginning of The Jungle is extremely confusing- its no wonder he didn't know what country he was reading about- too many Lithuanians names! Have him skip to chapter 2 for the real story to begin. He won't miss anything of significance and he'll be less confused.

Blogger said...

Do you drink Coca-Cola or Pepsi?
SUBMIT YOUR ANSWER and you could get a prepaid VISA gift card!