Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Pepe's cousin


Close encounter with a skunk this morning. I was exploring a cul de sac and Sophie-Pup took an insistent run at a small cedar. Under it was a small, wide-tailed black and white creature. I'm positive that it wasn't a cat, because the Sophster regards cats neither as rivals as she does other dogs, nor as food as she does thrushes, ravens, and squirrels. We got surprisingly close, but fortunately the leash ran out before she could touch it. 

All parties left the scene in as sweet-smelling a state as they entered it.

Whew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey you! I dont twitter---at the moment my phone is broke anyway and I have to find the previous phone AND it's charger in order to rejoin life in the 21st centry. I also dont want to broadcast everything on faceback. Perhaps you could try emailing me? blueiris22@ you know the big one EVERY one uses at least once